About Save The Kimberley
This website has been put together by the “Save The Kimberley” group (Formerly known as CHEAK: Cultural, Heritage and Environmental Advocacy for the Kimberley). We are an independent awareness organisation and have been established to:
- Educate the Australian and international community about the threat to the Kimberley Coast and its inland wilderness areas posed by multi-billion dollar gas and large-scale industrial development proposals.
- Engage support to ensure that the Kimberley is protected for the enjoyment of current and future generations.
- Produce educational material about the impacts of the proposed developments.
- Disseminate information about the Kimberley’s globally unique cultural importance and the threats created by uncontrolled development.
- Save the Kimberley does not oppose development. Save the Kimberley supports appropriate development that looks after people and the environment of the Kimberley.
We hope you find our site informative.